Early Compass (SOLD)
Early traveling compass originally belonging to the Arms family of Cincinnati, OH. Tiny brass hinges mounted with tiny brass brads. A family history of ownership is recorded on the interior lid in black ink and lists the passing from the original owner Dr Charles L. Hommedieu Avery born 1815. The lid has scratch carving of the most recent owner Frank Arms. Excellent original condition and is fully functional. Ca. 1830.