18th c. Utility Box
An 18th C. hanging utility box in red over original red painted primer.
Constructed of Eastern White Pine wood with a semicurve shaped back and joined at the corners with large dovetails. An applied bottom is joined via early hand wrought iron nails. An extrmely large hanging hole now almost egg shaped accents the back.
Retains a very rich painted surface with fine texture and color. Remains in superb original condition. New England origin. Ca. 1790. 11 3/4"W x 7 1/2"T.